What’s in Your Meta Wallet, Mastercard & OpenSea Data Breach
In this episode, we cover Meta developing a Metaverse Wallet, Mastercard enabling direct NFT payment options & OpenSea user emails exposed in a data breach.
WATCH ON YOUTUBE:
LISTEN TO THE PODCAST:
News Articles Mentioned in the Show
- Meta Developing Metaverse Wallet as Social Media Giant Doubles Down on NFTs
- Mastercard to Enable Direct NFT Payment Options for Marketplace Operators
- Kevin Hart Is Diving Into the NFT and Metaverse Pool
- NFT Marketplace OpenSea Says Emails Exposed in Data Breach
- Safety Recommendations:
- Be cautious of phishing emails from addresses trying to impersonate OpenSea. OpenSea will ONLY send you emails from the domain: ‘opensea.io.’ Please do not engage with any email claiming to be from OpenSea that does not come from this email domain.
- Never download anything from an OpenSea email. Authentic OpenSea emails do not include attachments or requests to download anything.
- Check the URL of any page linked in an OpenSea email. We will only include hyperlinks to ‘email.opensea.io’ URLs. Make sure that ‘opensea.io’ is spelled correctly, as it’s common for malicious actors to impersonate URLs by shuffling letters.
- Never share or confirm your passwords or secret wallet phrases. OpenSea will never prompt you to do this – in any format.
- Never sign a wallet transaction prompted directly from an email. OpenSea emails will never contain links which directly prompt you to sign a wallet transaction. Never sign a wallet transaction that doesn't list the origin of https://opensea.io if you were led there by email.
Invest in yourself, You are worth it
NO FINANCIAL ADVICE– The Information on this website, The NiFTy Chicks, is provided for educational, informational, and entertainment purposes only, without any express or implied warranty of any kind, including warranties of accuracy, completeness, or fitness for any particular purpose.
The Information contained in or provided from or through this website and podcast is not intended to be and does not constitute financial advice, investment advice, trading advice, or any other advice.
The Information on this website and provided from or through this website is general in nature and is not specific to you the user or anyone else. You should not make any decision, financial, investment, trading or otherwise, based on any of the information presented on this website without undertaking independent due diligence and consultation with a professional broker or financial advisory.
You understand that you are using any and all Information available on or through this website at your own risk.
RISK STATEMENT– The trading of Bitcoins, alternative cryptocurrencies, non-fungible tokens has potential rewards, and it also has potential risks involved. Trading may not be suitable for all people. Anyone wishing to invest should seek his or her own independent financial or professional advice.